June 1, 2007

Found in this year's garden...

This beautiful ground cover is called Portulaca (commonly known as Moss Rose). I really like it.


Beautiful blue Hydrangeas. These make a great Fourth of July bouquet when mixed with white Daisies and red Geranium.


The white Daisies I just wrote about...


And the red geranium...



Isabella gave me this potted gerber daisy. Isn't it beautiful?


Johnny-Jump-Ups, better known as Pansies.


Black-eyed Susans...


Miniature Red Roses (a Mother's Day gift from Neal several years ago now).



This is a morning shot of the Wisteria that hangs profusely in front of our picture window. When the wind blows just right the whole house is infused with its delicious fragrance. Actually, our whole neighborhood is teeming with Wisteria right now! After the Wisteria blows away, the fragrant Honeysuckle that covers the neighbor's fence will bloom well into August. I love Summer...

5 comments:

Brittany said...

How pretty! I love the blue flowers and the close-up of the pink flower.

Mary said...

Thanks Brittany!

Anonymous said...

And I love You!!!!!!

Rand

Anonymous said...

Oh Mary how I love all your flowers, Please come to Arkansas and lend me your green thumb.Love everyone!!

Mary said...

Hi Doris! Randy and I might just fly down there sometime this summer and visit. Tell Jack to get that bonfire ready again - it would be fantastic to sit around the fire with both of you and talk. Thanks for the nice comments about our garden. Not all of these pictures are FROM our garden, but the plants are IN our garden and look just as beautiful as these. Our black-eyed-Susans haven't bloomed yet, nor the Hydrangeas. But the rest have and are gorgeous and profuse!