June 19, 2007

How much?!

Last evening, I went to the grocery store today to get all the fixin's for tonight's stir fry. The most expensive thing I bought was Teriyaki sauce, or so I thought. When I looked at my receipt, I realized that this purple cabbage cost me nearly twelve dollars!


I guess the check-out guy thought it was worth its weight in cherries. Look at the cost of the second item on my receipt:


When I realized the error, I went back into the store and collected ten dollars at the customer service counter. This is the very first time (that I know of) I've been overcharged at the grocery store. From now on, I'm checkin' my receipt! (Maybe if the check-out people would actually take care of the customer instead of talking on the phone or chatting with the other workers, this kind of thing wouldn't happen! Agree?)

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Yikes, that's a lot of money to be overcharged!

Mary said...

Isn't it though? Especially for a lowly, purple cabbage. On the other hand, I wouldn't have paid that much for cherries either.