June 17, 2008

If you live on Long Island, you simply must read this! J. Kings Food Service Professionals, an independently owned food service distributor, is using its long-standing relationships with the region’s top farms to bring the farmers’ market concept to Long Island. Beginning June 25th, the Holtsville headquarters of J. Kings Food Service Professionals will be the on-site location of the new Long Island Farmers’ Market, at 700 Furrows Road in Holtsville. Here you will have the opportunity to buy directly from dozens of farms that'll be showcasing an assortment of fresh farm produce.

More than 35 local farms will be at the market showcased under tent canopies resembling the world famous Union Square Farmers Market in Manhattan. The Farmers’ Market will be open Wednesday through Saturday from 9 am to 2 pm. For details visit the web site by clicking on the top photo. I bet I’ll see you there!



3 comments:

Alisha said...

Good to know!!! Thanks for passing that info along. :)

Tim and Lex said...

I am completely siked!!! Wow! What neat news. I LOVE the idea of shopping at a farmers market and its soooo close! How smart of them too. Thanks for sharing Mrs. E!

XO
Lex

Jessica R. said...

Thanks for the news flash Mary! I'm there! I'm marking it on my calendar. Can't wait. oxoxo