August 8, 2008

Continued...

Another post suggests that women should never cut their hair. I can’t help but cringe when I think of what my hair would look like if I never cut it. Way too curly, long, unruly, frizzy—you name it. I wasn’t born with shiny, carefree locks that remain so as time marches on. Remember, a woman’s hair is to be her crowning glory! Let me tell you, my dear readers, there’s nothing glorious about long, dried out, frizzy tresses, with ends split in four different directions. It’s unattractive and makes a woman look unkempt, not to mention the way it could make her feel about herself. Wouldn’t it stand to reason that God made hair to grow so we could cut or trim it? Or did He make it to grow so that one day we would be tripping and falling over the length of it, necessitating hours of braiding or piling it into a beehive stacked on top of our heads? Please realize that I'm not suggesting that women cut their hair so short it looks like Bill the Barber cut her husband’s and then her hair. What I am suggesting is that women can cut or trim their hair in an attractive, feminine style, one that makes her look like a lady. I keep my hair on the shorter side. And, if you were to sit behind me in church, you could easily tell by my hairstyle that that's exactly what I am - a lady. This is a good "rule of thumb," I think, for determining whether or not a style is too short. Don't get me wrong. If I could, I would wear my hair at my shoulder. But that simply does not work for the type of hair I have. So I keep it trimmed regularly. And guess what? God has continued to bless my life in the most wonderful ways--even though I've cut my hair. Our God is a reasonable God; I love Him for that.

More thoughts to come...

2 comments:

Maggie Ann said...

Amen! Well said....smile.

Mary said...

Thank you, Maggie Ann. Glad to find you here again!